Monday, October 16, 2006


Vintage Postcard Website

A friend recently sent me a link to a great website with vintage postcards from the USA, arranged by state and county. This is one from Tarrant County, Texas. It's the old Stock Exchange building and the old coliseum on the north side of Fort Worth, where the cattle drives ended and where cattle was traded and where they held the annual Fat Stock Show and Rodeo. I have a small collection of vintage postcards and am attracted to them for their ideal, hand tinted look and because they give a glimpse into a seemingly simpler time, which I find myself longing for more often, especially after I watch the evening news. There are some great cards there, even some from tiny, out-of-the-way towns. Check them out at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/special/ppcs/ppcs.html .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a cool site. i used the opera block view from ft. payne for my new desktop on my laptop at work.