Monday, October 30, 2006


Deep Fried Coke
Though I have never been to the Texas State Fair, every year I hear about the frying of some new food. Not okra or squash, but things you wouldn't normally think of eating deep fried. Last year it was a Snicker's bar. This year it was deep fried Coca Cola. Kind of hard to picture, huh? Evidently they took balls of Coke syrup, possibly frozen, rolled them in batter and deep friend them. Not sure if I would have the guts to have tried it or not. Now that my gall bladder is gone, I literally don't have the guts to do it!

3 comments:

k2 said...

i just read your comment on "f@!+h$!+3" and i was wondering, "where do you get gas so cheap?"

J Gregory said...

I bought it for $1.88 at Pleasant Ridge and Bowen a week ago, now it's $1.99,...on three of the four corners there's a new big QT and a big new Race Trac and then there's a Citgo,...a funeral home takes the other corner but they don't participate in the price wars.

k2 said...

if there was a QT here, that is the only place i would go. they were always near the least expensive gas, and they were rather clean and friendly, too.