Wednesday, October 25, 2006


Another Rocker
Holden loaned this picture to me last night. Another Rocker. Maybe he's working on a series? He shows some serious artistic potential, not that this is ready for hanging in the Kimbell, but I do see a good grasp of perspectives and and eye for detail(see his skater shoes). He has good shading and good contrast, too. This young rocker is not striking a typical pose either. With head down, this, like the previous sketch, is another working rocker portrait, not so much a posed as it is a slice of life.
I felt bad last night and today, cause I had really ridden him about his seeming lack of effort in studying for his Integrated Physics and Chemistry(IPC) class. Then, this morning there were other incidents that pointed to his difficulty in handling responsibility. I was in a funk all morning, I hope I didn't put him in one. However, this is life. It's not always a three ring circus and a bed of roses. We must all deal with the consequences of our actions and sometimes the actions of those around us, especially if they are our own flesh and blood. This is a lesson he should learn sooner than later. And maybe I could stand a refresher course.

No comments: