Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cats World
So last week, in preparation for hitting the gym this week, I walked ar
ound the neighborhood.  It was great, serving a few purposes,...it allowed me to clear my head before the day, pray, observe some nice trees, plants, landscaping and lots of cats.

I don't know if my cats have heightened my awareness of other cats, but there seem to be a lot in my approximately one mile course which I kind of plotted on the fly.  Obviously cats, quite different from the dogs who smell me 2 blocks over and begin their alarm/alert routine, look at me with a "what the hell are you doing on my street?" look and most of the time never speak.

Cats quietly stare, keeping an eye on me until I am out of sight. Dogs seem to want broadcast an alert for the cavalry to come get me,....cats seem to be gathering information about me so they can call in a hit on me in the night, under the cloak of darkness. Or they could just be wishing that I would stop obstructing their view and move out from the front of their big picture window television set.

I speak to some of the cats on my route, but they rarely reciprocate. If I approach them they usually run.  But if they ran out to greet me, I would probably run. That hasn't happened, most likely will not either.

Whether they are viewing the world from the window sill or from an old metal lawn chair under the live oak, my glimpse of the neighborhood cats makes my blood pressure drop just to see their beauty, and their aloof attitudes toward their surrounding domain.  I wish I had just a touch of their attitude/character to display in my world.

No comments: